Network Defense Essentials is a first-of-its-kind complimentary MOOC certification that provides foundational knowledge and skills in network security with add-on labs for hands-on experience. The course includes 12 modules and optional upgrades to lab ranges covering fundamental network security concepts, including IoT, cryptography, and PKI.
Network Defense Essentials
Network Defense Essentials is an introductory cybersecurity course that covers the fundamental concepts of information security and network defense. Those who are interested in pursuing a career in information security will learn the various fundamentals of information security and network defense, as well as what to expect in the field of network defense.
Learn a holistic overview of the key components of information security such as Identification, Authentication and Authorization, Virtualization and Cloud Computing, Wireless Network, Mobile Device and IoT Device and Data Security. This active learning course ensures that students receive the hands-on, practical experience required to give them the skills necessary for a future in cybersecurity.
Key learning Outcomes
- Network Security Fundamentals
- Identification, Authentication, and Authorization
- Network Security Controls: Administrative Controls
- Network Security Controls: Physical Controls
- Network Security Controls: Technical Controls
- Virtualization and Cloud Computing
- Wireless Network Security
- Mobile Device Security
- IoT Device Security
- Cryptography and PKI
- Data Security
- Network Traffic Monitoring
Tools you will learn and use:
Docker Bench for security, AWS, Miradore MDM, HashCalc, MD5 calculator, HashMyFiles, VeraCrypt, Data Recovery Wizard, and Wireshark
Optional Upgrades (Fee applicable) :
- Lab Range
- Post Course Assessment & Certificate of Completion
- Online Exam Prep Program
- eBook (via Vital Source Bookshelf) with Videos
- Certification Exam Voucher
Duration: the NDE course is self-study.
There is an optional add-on exam to gain certification, for an additional cost. The course can also be attended in person (over 2 days) for a fee.
Number of questions: 75
Test duration: 2 hours
Test format: Multiple choice