The Certified Secure Computer User (CSCU) Course teaches basic techniques of being secure both online and offline and is aimed at end users in order to educate them about the main threats to their data’s security. It also equips students with the basic knowledge that helps to keep their devices and data secure in daily life.
Certified Secure Computer User
The purpose of the CSCU course is to provide individuals with the necessary knowledge and skills to protect their information assets. This class will immerse students into an interactive environment where they will acquire a fundamental understanding of various computer and network security threats such as identity theft, credit card fraud, online banking phishing scams, virus and backdoors, emails hoaxes, social engineering and more. Upon successful completion, the skills learned will help students take the necessary steps to mitigate their security exposure.
Key Theory/ Tools/ Techniques Covered:
- Understand the need and importance of data security.
- Implement Operating System security measures on their computers.
- Understand Malware and its symptoms.
- Make an informed decision about choosing the antivirus which is most relevant to their needs.
- Understand the risks associated with different online activities.
- Understand why and how to secure web browsers.
- Identify safe websites.
- Safeguard against the threats associated with online social networking.
- Understand how to make their social networking accounts secure.
- Understand the threats associated with email communications and how to safeguard against them.
- Understand the threats to mobile devices and how to safeguard against them.
- Understand the threats associated with cloud accounts and how to safeguard against them.
- Make an informed decision about a cloud service provider which fulfills their requirements.
- Understand the various types of networks and the threats associated with them.
- Configure a home network.
- Make their networks secure.
- Understand the threats to data and the need for data backups.
- Back up and restore data on their computers.
- Destroy data permanently.
Duration: The CSCU course is a 1 day course with a final exam.
Number of questions: 50