DATA PROTECTION POLICY
This policy sets out how ID Cyber Solutions Ltd seeks to protect personal data that we either control or process.
ID Cyber Solutions Ltd management team are committed to ensuring that all personal data in our possession including employees, clients, suppliers and other individuals’ data are managed and protected. We have identified those people in our organisation who are responsible data and trained them accordingly. Individuals are identified in document the ID_Cyber_DPP.doc
TYPES OF DATA WE HOLD
Personal data is kept within the Company’s CRM systems and Backups. The type of data held by the Company includes but is not limited to the following:
- Name, address, phone number, email address of customers and contacts
- Company name, address and details.
- Training records, exam outcomes,transcripts
- Cyber Essentials renewal date, certification number
The right of accessID Cyber Solutions Ltd,s target group is business to business and do not actively work with minors. Therefore, we have identified their legal rights as
- The right to rectify inaccuracies
- The right to request data portability
- The right to be forgotten
- The right to object
- The right to restrict processing
ID Cyber Solutions Ltd will identify in separate procedures how these rights will be implemented.
We will process data adhering to the following legal principles
- processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner in relation to the data subject (lawfulness, fairness and transparency);
- collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes (purpose limitation);
- adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed (data minimisation);
- accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date; every reasonable step must be taken to ensure that personal data that are inaccurate, having regard to the purposes for which they are processed, are erased or rectified without delay (accuracy);
- kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed (storage limitation); and
- processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data, including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organisational measures (integrity and confidentiality).
Data Subject Access
Individuals may make a subject access requests (“SARs”) at any time to find out more about the personal data which the Company holds about them, what it is doing with that personal data, and why.
Individuals wishing to make a SAR should do so by contacting ID Cyber Solutions at email@example.com
Responses to SARs shall normally be made within one month of receipt, however this may be extended by up to two months if the SAR is complex and/or numerous requests are made. If such additional time is required, the data subject shall be informed.
All data subject access requests will be provided in return, in a commonly used electronic format
The Company does not charge a fee for the handling of normal SARs. The Company reserves the right to charge reasonable fees for additional copies of information that has already been supplied to a data subject, and for requests that are manifestly unfounded or excessive, particularly where such requests are repetitive.
Rectification of Personal Data
Data subjects have the right to require ID Cyber Solutions to rectify any of their personal data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
ID Cyber Solutions shall rectify the personal data in question, and inform the data subject of that rectification, within one month of the data subject informing ID Cyber Solutions of the issue. The period can be extended by up to two months in the case of complex requests. If such additional time is required, the data subject shall be informed.
In the event that any affected personal data has been disclosed to third parties, those parties shall be informed of any rectification that must be made to that personal data.
Erasure of Personal Data
Unless ID Cyber Solutions has reasonable grounds to refuse to erase personal data, all requests for erasure shall be complied with, and the data subject informed of the erasure, within one month of receipt of the data subject’s request. The period can be extended by up to two months in the case of complex requests. If such additional time is required, the data subject shall be informed.
In the event that any personal data that is to be erased in response to a data subject’s request has been disclosed to third parties, those parties shall be informed of the erasure (unless it is impossible or would require disproportionate effort to do so.)
Where data subjects have given their consent to ID Cyber Solutions to process their personal data in such a manner, or the processing is otherwise required for the performance of a contract between ID Cyber Solutions and the data subject, data subjects have the right, under the GDPR, to receive a copy of their personal data and to use it for other purposes (namely transmitting it to other data controllers).
To facilitate the right of data portability, ID Cyber Solutions shall make available all applicable personal data to data subjects in a commonly used electronic format.
Where technically feasible, if requested by a data subject, personal data shall be sent directly to the required data controller.
All requests for copies of personal data shall be complied with within one month of the data subject’s request. The period can be extended by up to two months in the case of complex or numerous requests. If such additional time is required, the data subject shall be informed.
Objections to Personal Data Processing
Data subjects have the right to object to ID Cyber Solutions processing their personal data based on legitimate interests, direct marketing (including profiling), and processing for scientific and/or historical research and statistics purposes.
Where a data subject objects to the Company processing their personal data based on its legitimate interests, the Company shall cease such processing immediately, unless it can be demonstrated that the Company’s legitimate grounds for such processing override the data subject’s interests, rights, and freedoms, or that the processing is necessary for the conduct of legal claims.
Where a data subject objects to the Company processing their personal data for direct marketing purposes, the Company shall cease such processing immediately.
Where a data subject objects to the Company processing their personal data for scientific and/or historical research and statistics purposes, the data subject must, under the GDPR, “demonstrate grounds relating to his or her particular situation”. The Company is not required to comply if the research is necessary for the performance of a task carried out for reasons of public interest.
If you wish to complain please contact ID Cyber Solutions at firstname.lastname@example.org
This Policy shall be deemed effective as of 11/03/20. No part of this Policy shall have retroactive effect and shall thus apply only to matters occurring on or after this date.
This Policy has been approved and authorised by the Managing Director. It is due for review on 11/03/2021
What Are Cookies
For more general information on cookies see the Wikipedia article on HTTP Cookies.
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of the this site. Therefore it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
The Cookies We Set
- Orders processing related cookies This site offers e-commerce or payment facilities and some cookies are essential to ensure that your order is remembered between pages so that we can process it properly.
- Forms related cookies When you submit data to through a form such as those found on contact pages or comment forms cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence.
Third Party Cookies
- This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solution on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content.For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
- Third party analytics are used to track and measure usage of this site so that we can continue to produce engaging content. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site or pages you visit which helps us to understand how we can improve the site for you.
- As we sell products it’s important for us to understand statistics about how many of the visitors to our site actually make a purchase and as such this is the kind of data that these cookies will track. This is important to you as it means that we can accurately make business predictions that allow us to monitor our advertising and product costs to ensure the best possible price.
- We also use social media buttons and/or plugins on this site that allow you to connect with your social network in various ways. For these to work the following social media sites including Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin will set cookies through our site which may be used to enhance your profile on their site or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies.
Hopefully that has clarified things for you and as was previously mentioned if there is something that you aren’t sure whether you need or not it’s usually safer to leave cookies enabled in case it does interact with one of the features you use on our site.
However if you are still looking for more information then you can contact us through one of our preferred contact methods:
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 01414110101